A Hales Corners man has been charged with three misdemeanor counts of theft after police say he attended real estate open houses in the Milwaukee area and stole women's underwear from the homes.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Robert Remiker, 58, attended open houses in the 2300 block of North 62nd Street in Wauwatosa, as well as Greenfield and Franklin. Realtors and other visitors to the Wauwatosa open house said they saw Remiker opening drawers and taking items. When he was stopped by police, they found plastic bags containing eight pairs of underwear and printouts of Internet listings for area open houses.
Remiker told officers he was taking the items because he missed his ex-wife. He said he had about 50 more pairs at the home he lived in with his parents.
A look into his criminal history showed he had been arrested in 2004 for disorderly conduct and trespassing in the town of Brookfield for peeping into a neighbor's bathroom by attaching a stick to a mirror and putting it near a window.
He is expected to appear in court Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved