The village's annual tree-lighting ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 5 outside the Hales Corners Library, 5885 S. 116th St.
The Whitnall Middle School Band will perform before Village President Robert Ruesch throws the switch to light the trees.
Santa will arrive by fire truck and the festivities will move inside the library's Hunt Room. Santa will tell classic holiday stories, and he and his helpers will distribute gifts for young children.
The Historical Society will have the Ben Hunt Cabin open for tours.
The village and the Friends of the Hales Corners Library are sponsoring the event. For information, call the library information desk at (414) 529-6150, Ext. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved