Stimulus funds to pay for 51st Street work
Franklin - The city will receive about $1.5 million in federal stimulus money for a reconstruction of South 51st Street near the high school.
A public information meeting on the project, from Drexel Avenue to Puetz Road, will be held Sept. 8 at the school, 8222 S. 51st St. Construction will likely begin in June 2010, after the school year, City Engineer John Bennett said.
The city may purchase right of way from the Franklin School District to install sidewalks near the school.
Greendale Lion's Club raffle winners named
Greendale - The Greendale Lions Club has announced the winners of its Village Days raffle.
The winners are Barbara Krawczyk, $500; Ruth Kreznar, $200; Beth Guffree, $100; and Ray Kearney, $50.
The event raised $2,000 for charity, according to a Lions Club news release.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 12, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: May 22
- News & Notes: May 15 issue
- News & Notes: May 8 issue
- News & Notes: April 29
- News & Notes: April 24
- News & Notes: April 17
- News & Notes: April 10
- News & Notes: April 3
- News & Notes: March 20
- News & Notes: March 13
- News & Notes: March 4