Jill Stobber will be the next Whitnall School District athletic director/assistant principal.
The Whitnall School Board on March 23 unanimously approved a contract for Stobber, 37, who has been a teacher and licensed athletic trainer at Waterford Union High School since 1998.
Stobber, who begins her new job July 1, will replace current district athletic director/assistant principal Mike Brand, who resigned in January to seek a school administrative job elsewhere.
Brand, who announced his resignation in January but will remain on the job until June 30, said he was not asked to resign but decided it was time for him to leave the Whitnall School District.
According to the contract approved by the board, Stobber will be paid $71,500 annually. Brand's final annual contract paid him $75,200 per year.
Teaching and training
Stobber graduated from Burlington High School and earned a bachelor's degree from Carthage College. She has 17 years experience as a teacher and athletic trainer.
"I've had a license to teach and to be a trainer. I've done a little bit of both," Stobber said. "This was a good opportunity to advance from the injury side of athletics in training to the more administrative side. I've also heard very good things about the Whitnall school district and wanted to become a part of that."
Stobber is no stranger to athletics. She played basketball, softball and volleyball at Burlington High and basketball and softball while at Carthage.
"I have a lot of background in athletics, playing in high school and college. I've been around sports all my life," she said.
Stobber said she will first evaluate the four-school district before making a decision about possible changes or modifications to the athletic program.
"I want to support as many new ideas as I possibly can but, with an economic crisis, I just want to see what's out there first," Stobber said. "My goal is to sit down with a lot of the coaches and advisers and go from there."
John Neville can be reached at (262) 446-6609.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- New, accessible features at Boerner Botanical Gardens open July 28
- Coordinated care makes Hales Corners girl's difficult live more liveable
- Hales Corners police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Redevelopment talks continue on former Hales Corners Kmart site
- Hales Corners police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary named 'School of Merit'
- Floats needed for Hales Corners' July Fourth parade
- Hwy 100 reconstruction in Hales Corners moves forward
- Hales Corners police report: June 11, 2015 issue