Jill Stobber will be the next Whitnall School District athletic director/assistant principal.
The Whitnall School Board on March 23 unanimously approved a contract for Stobber, 37, who has been a teacher and licensed athletic trainer at Waterford Union High School since 1998.
Stobber, who begins her new job July 1, will replace current district athletic director/assistant principal Mike Brand, who resigned in January to seek a school administrative job elsewhere.
Brand, who announced his resignation in January but will remain on the job until June 30, said he was not asked to resign but decided it was time for him to leave the Whitnall School District.
According to the contract approved by the board, Stobber will be paid $71,500 annually. Brand's final annual contract paid him $75,200 per year.
Teaching and training
Stobber graduated from Burlington High School and earned a bachelor's degree from Carthage College. She has 17 years experience as a teacher and athletic trainer.
"I've had a license to teach and to be a trainer. I've done a little bit of both," Stobber said. "This was a good opportunity to advance from the injury side of athletics in training to the more administrative side. I've also heard very good things about the Whitnall school district and wanted to become a part of that."
Stobber is no stranger to athletics. She played basketball, softball and volleyball at Burlington High and basketball and softball while at Carthage.
"I have a lot of background in athletics, playing in high school and college. I've been around sports all my life," she said.
Stobber said she will first evaluate the four-school district before making a decision about possible changes or modifications to the athletic program.
"I want to support as many new ideas as I possibly can but, with an economic crisis, I just want to see what's out there first," Stobber said. "My goal is to sit down with a lot of the coaches and advisers and go from there."
John Neville can be reached at (262) 446-6609.
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Sandra Kulik to proceed Mike Weber as Hales Corners' Administrator
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"
- Hales Corners police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Bethseda Thrift Shop hosts fashion show, helps those with disabilities