Jill Stobber will be the next Whitnall School District athletic director/assistant principal.
The Whitnall School Board on March 23 unanimously approved a contract for Stobber, 37, who has been a teacher and licensed athletic trainer at Waterford Union High School since 1998.
Stobber, who begins her new job July 1, will replace current district athletic director/assistant principal Mike Brand, who resigned in January to seek a school administrative job elsewhere.
Brand, who announced his resignation in January but will remain on the job until June 30, said he was not asked to resign but decided it was time for him to leave the Whitnall School District.
According to the contract approved by the board, Stobber will be paid $71,500 annually. Brand's final annual contract paid him $75,200 per year.
Teaching and training
Stobber graduated from Burlington High School and earned a bachelor's degree from Carthage College. She has 17 years experience as a teacher and athletic trainer.
"I've had a license to teach and to be a trainer. I've done a little bit of both," Stobber said. "This was a good opportunity to advance from the injury side of athletics in training to the more administrative side. I've also heard very good things about the Whitnall school district and wanted to become a part of that."
Stobber is no stranger to athletics. She played basketball, softball and volleyball at Burlington High and basketball and softball while at Carthage.
"I have a lot of background in athletics, playing in high school and college. I've been around sports all my life," she said.
Stobber said she will first evaluate the four-school district before making a decision about possible changes or modifications to the athletic program.
"I want to support as many new ideas as I possibly can but, with an economic crisis, I just want to see what's out there first," Stobber said. "My goal is to sit down with a lot of the coaches and advisers and go from there."
John Neville can be reached at (262) 446-6609.
- Hales Corners police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Rooftop patio added to proposed expansion of the Bosch
- Pen and ink drawings going on display in May at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Festival Foods reveals detailed plans for former Kmart site on Highway 100 in Hales Corners (4)
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- Hales Corners police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce holding annual banquet April 28
- Bosch gets ready to make its move (4)
- Hales Corners deputy fire chief nominated for award
- Hales Corners police report: April 14, 2016 issue