Hales Corners — Ex-Milwaukee County official Dennis Dietscher, 55, of Hales Corners, was charged Monday, Aug. 18 with six counts in all, related to accepting bribes, official misconduct and lying about his handling of contract work.
Dietscher helped manage the restoration of the Milwaukee County Courthouse after an electrical fire in the summer as the county's safety coordinator and risk manager. The charges issued Monday are not related to that work.
According to the criminal complaint, Dietscher used money from the county's insurance carriers to pay for renovation work done on his home, fishing and hunting trips, expensive dinners, and $1,300 worth of tools from 2009 and 2013. He nearly always chose the same restoration contractor, Belfor USA.
At one point, Belfor USA issued a check to Dietcher's Hales Corners-based roofing company for work allegedly done on a county project. Dietscher Roofing did not work on that project, according to the criminal complaint. The money was reportedly used to pay for work done at the home of Dietscher's father in Big Bend. The work cost $2,500.
The incident was listed as the probable cause for Dietscher's arrest in February and is the basis for one of the bribery counts in the complaint.
Dietscher worked for the county from 1986 to March 2014.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village Board requests Hales Corners Wading Pool remains open in 2015
- Ritzman Appliance has found its highway to 'heaven' in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Man charged for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners wades deeper into county's politics on pool budget (1)
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Park pavilion and ice rink gains ground with county approval
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore