Hales Corners — Ex-Milwaukee County official Dennis Dietscher, 55, of Hales Corners, was charged Monday, Aug. 18 with six counts in all, related to accepting bribes, official misconduct and lying about his handling of contract work.
Dietscher helped manage the restoration of the Milwaukee County Courthouse after an electrical fire in the summer as the county's safety coordinator and risk manager. The charges issued Monday are not related to that work.
According to the criminal complaint, Dietscher used money from the county's insurance carriers to pay for renovation work done on his home, fishing and hunting trips, expensive dinners, and $1,300 worth of tools from 2009 and 2013. He nearly always chose the same restoration contractor, Belfor USA.
At one point, Belfor USA issued a check to Dietcher's Hales Corners-based roofing company for work allegedly done on a county project. Dietscher Roofing did not work on that project, according to the criminal complaint. The money was reportedly used to pay for work done at the home of Dietscher's father in Big Bend. The work cost $2,500.
The incident was listed as the probable cause for Dietscher's arrest in February and is the basis for one of the bribery counts in the complaint.
Dietscher worked for the county from 1986 to March 2014.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners vies for fruity trees through Victory Garden Initiative
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods looks to build at old Kmart location along Highway 100 (11)
- Hales Corners raises alcohol license quota a second time (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Village officials hope to change road name in 2016