· A 29-year-old Grafton man was arrested for theft of a welding helmet valued at $2,400 taken from his employer, Telsmith, 10900 N. Industrial Drive, April 3. The man was identified after attempting to sell the helmet on Craigslist. He denied taking the helmet, telling police it was his. Later he did admitted the theft after the helmet was identified as belonging to the company.
· A 20-year-old male student was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the Wittenberg Dorm at Concordia University, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, at 9:50 p.m. April 8. Campus security called police after a report of marijuana odor in a room. A K-9 officer was called to the scene and "aggressively indicated" in the room. The man had two 1.4 grams of marijuana in plastic baggies and a suitcase-like bag under his bed with marijuana residue.
· A 36-year-old Town of Belgium woman was arrested for drunken driving, driving left of center, failure to signal and refusal to take a breath test after she was seen drifting into on-coming lanes in the 10600 block of N. Port Washington Road at 1:22 a.m. April 5. The woman, who said she was weaving in traffic because she was lost, had a preliminary BAC of 0.19.
· An 18-year-old Mequon woman was arrested for drunken driving, underage drinking, unsafe lane deviation and refusal to take a breath test in the 11000 block of N. Market Street at 12:15 a.m. April 6. She smelled of alcohol but told police, "I haven't had a thing to drink." She then failed field sobriety tests.
· An 18-year-old Mequon man was arrested for second degree assault of a child, contributing to the delinquency of a child, four counts of bail jumping, and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 4200 block of Le Grande Blvd. April 9. The victim cooperated with police and a search warrant was issued and the man's residence searched, where pornography, marijuana and drug paraphernalia were found. Police also reported finding information posted on Facebook where the man allegedly admitted giving the girl drugs and threatened her relatives.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners vies for fruity trees through Victory Garden Initiative
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods looks to build at old Kmart location along Highway 100 (11)
- Hales Corners raises alcohol license quota a second time (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Village officials hope to change road name in 2016