Greendale schools accepted into school forest program
Greendale — The woods near Canterbury Elementary and Greendale Middle School have been registered as school forests within the Wisconsin Community Forest Program.
The certification will allow for the expansion of the district's outdoor classroom space and increase opportunities within the existing curriculum at all grade levels and across disciplines.
As a registered school forest, Greendale Schools will be eligible to receive free forest management assistance from the Department of Natural Resources and free seedling from the state nursery program. The district will also be able to apply for grants from the Wisconsin Environmental Education Board and to receive assistance from a state-wide school forest education specialist.
Forum to be held for primary Greendale trustee candidates
Greendale — The Greendale Chamber of Commerce and the League of Women Voters of Milwaukee County will conduct their annual Greendale Candidate Forums to educate voters on the upcoming local Greendale elections.
The Primary Election Candidate Forum will be on Tuesday, Feb. 11 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Courtroom of the Greendale Safety Center, located at 5911 West Grange Avenue. The Forum will be for the Village Board of Trustee primary election, where seven candidates are running for two seats. All of the candidates have been invited and are expected to participate.
Trustee incumbents Gregory Turay and James Birmingham are running against residents Ted Gurzynski, Noelle Joers-Yanisch, Bill Kewan, Donna Ouellette and Jason Cyborowski.
The Candidate Forum is an open format to allow the candidates to answer questions posed by the public audience and non-biased questions through a moderator. Each question will be directed to all candidates. All moderation, timing and sorting of questions will be done by the League of Women Voters to ensure impartiality to the proceeding.
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: May 19, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- News & Notes: April 14, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 31, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 24, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 17, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 3, 2016
- News & Notes: Feb. 25, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 7, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 22, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015