Alyson Dudek on track to Olympics again
Hales Corners native qualifies for short-track speedskating team in Sochi
Hales Corners — Hales Corners native Alyson Dudek is going to the Olympics a second time.
She made the cut, grabbing one of three spots on the short-track women's speedskating team on Sunday.
Dudek was on the bronze medal-winning, 3,000-meter relay team in 2010.
To help pay her way to Sochi, she created a donation page at rallyme.com/rallies/129. Her goal is to raise $15,000 to offset training expenses. Different donation levels will be privy to different swag, personal email thank yous and Twitter shout-outs.
As a result of her 2010 performance, the Friends of the Hales Corners Park & Pool raised money for — and opened — the Alyson Dudek International Ice Center. The rink is open and free to the public from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Hales Corners Park every day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners
- VIDEO: Whitnall distributes nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Dennis Dietscher of Hales Corners charged with accepting bribes
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Hales Corners seeks signs of interest in New Berlin Road name change
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 7, 2014 issue