Hales Corners - The Committee of the Whole voted Monday to refinance a faltering special tax district on the west side of Highway 100.
The district was established to give the developer of the Hales Corners Shopping Plaza a financial incentive to remodel in 2008. Tax-incremental financing allows debt taken on for a project to be repaid with the additional taxes generated by property after it has been improved.
The plaza projected a $3 million increase in value but due to low real estate prices, hasn't been able to repay the village.
The village has been losing money on the district and hopes to reduce debt payments by an annual $4,000 through refinancing at a lower interest rate. Although payments will be reduced, the village expects to continue to lose money on the district.
- HCFD raises around $5,000 to donate to Operation Finally Home
- Hales Corners police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- New Hales Corners administrator prefers 'personal touch'
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"