Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Library hosts free drawing program for children
- Tornado watch in effect
- New book says it all about Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: April 9, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Library's used book sale begins April 17
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum (2)
- Wheelchair basketball team heading to Nationals