Oak Creek - A 46-year-old Oak Creek man who called police about being pranked is facing a state charge of exposing a child to harmful material after police found pornographic images hanging in his garage.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
An officer responded to the man's home after he reported that his neighbor's children were pouring an unidentified substance on his grass, causing damage to his lawn. The man told police he was concerned the children were playing with a dangerous chemical and might get hurt.
While the officer was talking to the children's mother about the complaint, she told officers that her neighbor - the complainant - has pornographic images in his garage that are regularly shown to neighborhood children.
The officer returned to the man's house and the man showed the officer the images in his garage. After the officer told the man the images were indeed pornographic, the man stated that his 7-year-old daughter is the only child who has regular access to the garage.
He was arrested for exposing a child to harmful material and is scheduled to appear in the district attorney's office Oct. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man arrested for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- New path enhances a walk through Boerner's gardens in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Village Board requests Hales Corners Wading Pool remains open in 2015
- Ritzman Appliance has found its highway to 'heaven' in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Man charged for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners wades deeper into county's politics on pool budget (1)
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Park pavilion and ice rink gains ground with county approval