Oak Creek - A 46-year-old Oak Creek man who called police about being pranked is facing a state charge of exposing a child to harmful material after police found pornographic images hanging in his garage.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
An officer responded to the man's home after he reported that his neighbor's children were pouring an unidentified substance on his grass, causing damage to his lawn. The man told police he was concerned the children were playing with a dangerous chemical and might get hurt.
While the officer was talking to the children's mother about the complaint, she told officers that her neighbor - the complainant - has pornographic images in his garage that are regularly shown to neighborhood children.
The officer returned to the man's house and the man showed the officer the images in his garage. After the officer told the man the images were indeed pornographic, the man stated that his 7-year-old daughter is the only child who has regular access to the garage.
He was arrested for exposing a child to harmful material and is scheduled to appear in the district attorney's office Oct. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- New, accessible features at Boerner Botanical Gardens open July 28
- Coordinated care makes Hales Corners girl's difficult life more liveable
- Hales Corners police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Redevelopment talks continue on former Hales Corners Kmart site
- Hales Corners police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary named 'School of Merit'
- Floats needed for Hales Corners' July Fourth parade
- Hwy 100 reconstruction in Hales Corners moves forward
- Hales Corners police report: June 11, 2015 issue