Oak Creek - A 46-year-old Oak Creek man who called police about being pranked is facing a state charge of exposing a child to harmful material after police found pornographic images hanging in his garage.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
An officer responded to the man's home after he reported that his neighbor's children were pouring an unidentified substance on his grass, causing damage to his lawn. The man told police he was concerned the children were playing with a dangerous chemical and might get hurt.
While the officer was talking to the children's mother about the complaint, she told officers that her neighbor - the complainant - has pornographic images in his garage that are regularly shown to neighborhood children.
The officer returned to the man's house and the man showed the officer the images in his garage. After the officer told the man the images were indeed pornographic, the man stated that his 7-year-old daughter is the only child who has regular access to the garage.
He was arrested for exposing a child to harmful material and is scheduled to appear in the district attorney's office Oct. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Update: Tanker truck crash in Hales Corners, Highway 100 closed
- Public hearing for new TIF district
- Hales Corners police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- West Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project plan moves forward
- Tax rate could increase in Hales Corners with the drop in assessed value
- Robots and drones at Hales Corners Library
- Hales Corners police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Tax rate increase in Hales Corners after assessed value drops (1)
- 'Voracious' beetle now threatens Hales Corners' ash trees