A 37-year-old Franklin man was transported to the hospital with head injuries after he fell off a moped while kicking down garbage cans near South 35th Street and West Woodward Drive shortly after 10 p.m. July 25.
According to Franklin police:
The man was driving his moped westbound on Woodward Drive. When he attempted to kick over some garbage cans at the end of a driveway in the 3400 block of West Woodward Drive, he lost control of his moped and fell, striking his head on the pavement.
The man was awake and bleeding from the head when emergency medical personnel arrived at the scene. He was taken to the hospital, where he later underwent surgery for bleeding on the brain.
Although his medical status was unknown at the time of the report, he was expected to survive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: 'Bug Whisperer' inspires curiosity, respect for otherwise 'misunderstood' insects
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Scurry over to Wehr Nature Center on Sunday for bug day
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners