A 37-year-old Franklin man was transported to the hospital with head injuries after he fell off a moped while kicking down garbage cans near South 35th Street and West Woodward Drive shortly after 10 p.m. July 25.
According to Franklin police:
The man was driving his moped westbound on Woodward Drive. When he attempted to kick over some garbage cans at the end of a driveway in the 3400 block of West Woodward Drive, he lost control of his moped and fell, striking his head on the pavement.
The man was awake and bleeding from the head when emergency medical personnel arrived at the scene. He was taken to the hospital, where he later underwent surgery for bleeding on the brain.
Although his medical status was unknown at the time of the report, he was expected to survive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- New fixes, expanded collection slated for Hales Corners Public Library
- Pawn shop ordinance would help Hales Corners Police Department identify sale of stolen goods
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Select Hales Corners Library services on hold during carpet project
- Tailgate 'n skate with Santa in Hales Corners
- English language learners and special education students thrive in one mixed Whitnall classroom
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate