A 37-year-old Franklin man was transported to the hospital with head injuries after he fell off a moped while kicking down garbage cans near South 35th Street and West Woodward Drive shortly after 10 p.m. July 25.
According to Franklin police:
The man was driving his moped westbound on Woodward Drive. When he attempted to kick over some garbage cans at the end of a driveway in the 3400 block of West Woodward Drive, he lost control of his moped and fell, striking his head on the pavement.
The man was awake and bleeding from the head when emergency medical personnel arrived at the scene. He was taken to the hospital, where he later underwent surgery for bleeding on the brain.
Although his medical status was unknown at the time of the report, he was expected to survive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Alyson Dudek ice skating center move forward with donation
- Hales Corners adopts tight 2016 budget of $8.15 million
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce to host social on Nov. 24
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners 2016 proposed budget sees 'nominal increase'
- Legacy Spa & Salon to host networking event on Nov. 7 in Hales Corners
- Homeless sex offender may be in Hales Corners area
- Hales Corners preschool taking steps toward more technology
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue