A 37-year-old Franklin man was transported to the hospital with head injuries after he fell off a moped while kicking down garbage cans near South 35th Street and West Woodward Drive shortly after 10 p.m. July 25.
According to Franklin police:
The man was driving his moped westbound on Woodward Drive. When he attempted to kick over some garbage cans at the end of a driveway in the 3400 block of West Woodward Drive, he lost control of his moped and fell, striking his head on the pavement.
The man was awake and bleeding from the head when emergency medical personnel arrived at the scene. He was taken to the hospital, where he later underwent surgery for bleeding on the brain.
Although his medical status was unknown at the time of the report, he was expected to survive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners bed-and-breakfast gets back on its feet with new owners
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- July 28 spill is being called one of the largest in Hales Corner history
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 13, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 6, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners residents could feel heavier tax burden
- Development talks come to a halt in Hales Corners
- Groundbreaking for ice skating facility at Hales Corners Park
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue