An asphalt paving contractor is using a false Oak Creek address and apparently scamming homeowners, according to a warning from Wisconsin's Better Business Bureau.
According to the warning, representatives of the James Joles Asphalt Paving have approached homeowners with cut-rate prices for "extra" asphalt leftover from other jobs.
The BBB stated customer complaints ranged from bad workmanship to damaged property. Money is required before the work.
To top it off, the address listed by the company, 6508 S. 27th St., Suite 9, #116, is the site of a UPS store that has nothing to do with the asphalt company.
"Unfortunately, we this type of scam arise every year when the weather warms up," said Ran Hoth, Wisconsin BBB president. "Their work is shoddy and customers can't reach them after they finish the job.
For more information, contact the Wisconsin BBB at www.wisconsin.bbb.org or at (414) 847-6000.
- Hales Corners Library ends summer reading program with comedy, prizes
- Hales Corners Night Out to "promote and preserve prosperous community"
- Hales Corners police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Amber Frymark wins Hottest Kitchen Entreprenuer Challenge
- Sue Haislmaier's watercolor paintings on display at botanical gardens
- Traveling Beer Gardens coming to Hales Corners Park
- Youth soccer program at Hales Corners Library July 28
- Children's musician Duke Otherwise to perform at Hales Corners Library
- Emmanuel Church will hold car show at Augustfest event
- Hales Corners police report: July 21, 2016 issue