An asphalt paving contractor is using a false Oak Creek address and apparently scamming homeowners, according to a warning from Wisconsin's Better Business Bureau.
According to the warning, representatives of the James Joles Asphalt Paving have approached homeowners with cut-rate prices for "extra" asphalt leftover from other jobs.
The BBB stated customer complaints ranged from bad workmanship to damaged property. Money is required before the work.
To top it off, the address listed by the company, 6508 S. 27th St., Suite 9, #116, is the site of a UPS store that has nothing to do with the asphalt company.
"Unfortunately, we this type of scam arise every year when the weather warms up," said Ran Hoth, Wisconsin BBB president. "Their work is shoddy and customers can't reach them after they finish the job.
For more information, contact the Wisconsin BBB at www.wisconsin.bbb.org or at (414) 847-6000.
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Crash closes portion of Highway 100 in Hales Corners May 18
- Jetz Mart car theft attempts in Hales Corners prompt police warning
- Hales Corners temporarily limits boat access to Kelly Lake
- Hales Corners police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Help clean up Hales Corners May 14
- Know Your Muslim Neighbors event being held at Hales Corners Library May 14