An asphalt paving contractor is using a false Oak Creek address and apparently scamming homeowners, according to a warning from Wisconsin's Better Business Bureau.
According to the warning, representatives of the James Joles Asphalt Paving have approached homeowners with cut-rate prices for "extra" asphalt leftover from other jobs.
The BBB stated customer complaints ranged from bad workmanship to damaged property. Money is required before the work.
To top it off, the address listed by the company, 6508 S. 27th St., Suite 9, #116, is the site of a UPS store that has nothing to do with the asphalt company.
"Unfortunately, we this type of scam arise every year when the weather warms up," said Ran Hoth, Wisconsin BBB president. "Their work is shoddy and customers can't reach them after they finish the job.
For more information, contact the Wisconsin BBB at www.wisconsin.bbb.org or at (414) 847-6000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners
- VIDEO: Whitnall distributes nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Dennis Dietscher of Hales Corners charged with accepting bribes
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district