An asphalt paving contractor is using a false Oak Creek address and apparently scamming homeowners, according to a warning from Wisconsin's Better Business Bureau.
According to the warning, representatives of the James Joles Asphalt Paving have approached homeowners with cut-rate prices for "extra" asphalt leftover from other jobs.
The BBB stated customer complaints ranged from bad workmanship to damaged property. Money is required before the work.
To top it off, the address listed by the company, 6508 S. 27th St., Suite 9, #116, is the site of a UPS store that has nothing to do with the asphalt company.
"Unfortunately, we this type of scam arise every year when the weather warms up," said Ran Hoth, Wisconsin BBB president. "Their work is shoddy and customers can't reach them after they finish the job.
For more information, contact the Wisconsin BBB at www.wisconsin.bbb.org or at (414) 847-6000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved