A tax incremental financing district designed to support the renovation of the Southridge Mall Boston Store will get a public hearing before the Greendale Plan Commission at 7 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Village Hall Board Room, 6500 Northway.
Focused on a $2 million developer incentive with possible additional support through public works improvement, the village's third TIF district within the past year would enhance Boston Store's commitment to renovate its store.
In spring of 2010, Greendale established TIF District 1 for construction of a $17 million, 90-unit senior housing complex just south of Southridge and last October established TIF District 2 to support a $52 million renovation of Southridge as part of the mall's plan to bring in a new Macy's department store in 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners
- VIDEO: Whitnall distributes nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Dennis Dietscher of Hales Corners charged with accepting bribes
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Hales Corners seeks signs of interest in New Berlin Road name change