A tax incremental financing district designed to support the renovation of the Southridge Mall Boston Store will get a public hearing before the Greendale Plan Commission at 7 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Village Hall Board Room, 6500 Northway.
Focused on a $2 million developer incentive with possible additional support through public works improvement, the village's third TIF district within the past year would enhance Boston Store's commitment to renovate its store.
In spring of 2010, Greendale established TIF District 1 for construction of a $17 million, 90-unit senior housing complex just south of Southridge and last October established TIF District 2 to support a $52 million renovation of Southridge as part of the mall's plan to bring in a new Macy's department store in 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- Hales Corners police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- For what it's worth, antique author offers antique insights in advance of Hales Corners visit
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- 'Spite Fences' author to visit Whitnall Middle School students
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Boerner Botanical Gardens to host winter bird arboretum walk
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 12, 2015, issue
- Whitnall School District earns subsidy to pay for global exam