A tax incremental financing district designed to support the renovation of the Southridge Mall Boston Store will get a public hearing before the Greendale Plan Commission at 7 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Village Hall Board Room, 6500 Northway.
Focused on a $2 million developer incentive with possible additional support through public works improvement, the village's third TIF district within the past year would enhance Boston Store's commitment to renovate its store.
In spring of 2010, Greendale established TIF District 1 for construction of a $17 million, 90-unit senior housing complex just south of Southridge and last October established TIF District 2 to support a $52 million renovation of Southridge as part of the mall's plan to bring in a new Macy's department store in 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 11
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years