A tax incremental financing district designed to support the renovation of the Southridge Mall Boston Store will get a public hearing before the Greendale Plan Commission at 7 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Village Hall Board Room, 6500 Northway.
Focused on a $2 million developer incentive with possible additional support through public works improvement, the village's third TIF district within the past year would enhance Boston Store's commitment to renovate its store.
In spring of 2010, Greendale established TIF District 1 for construction of a $17 million, 90-unit senior housing complex just south of Southridge and last October established TIF District 2 to support a $52 million renovation of Southridge as part of the mall's plan to bring in a new Macy's department store in 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project in the works
- Hales Corners police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- New, accessible features at Boerner Botanical Gardens open July 28
- Coordinated care makes Hales Corners girl's difficult life more liveable
- Hales Corners police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Redevelopment talks continue on former Hales Corners Kmart site
- Hales Corners police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary named 'School of Merit'
- Floats needed for Hales Corners' July Fourth parade
- Hwy 100 reconstruction in Hales Corners moves forward