The Greendale Fire Department collected $8,906 during the July 15-16 Fill-the-Boot fundraiser at 76th Street and Grange Avenue.
The annual Fill-the-Boot campaign supports Muscular Dystrophy Association, funding services for children and young adults such as support groups, clinic visits, summer camp, and wheelchair purchases and repairs.
Last year, Wisconsin firefighters raised $600,000 for MDA.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved