Franklin police are investigating the theft of more than $10,000 worth of power equipment stolen from 12 tree maintenance trucks Labor Day weekend.
The trucks, owned by Asplundh Tree Export Co., were parked at Andy's, 5120 W. Ryan Road, between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 1 and 10 a.m. Sept. 3. Someone pried open the locked tool compartments on all 12 vehicles.
Sixteen chainsaws, two hydraulic stick saws and $900 worth of climbing equipment were taken.
The trucks sustained more than $10,000 in damage.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the Franklin Police Department at (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Update: Tanker truck crash in Hales Corners, Highway 100 closed
- Public hearing for new TIF district
- Hales Corners police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- West Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project plan moves forward
- Tax rate could increase in Hales Corners with the drop in assessed value
- Robots and drones at Hales Corners Library
- Hales Corners police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Tax rate increase in Hales Corners after assessed value drops (1)
- 'Voracious' beetle now threatens Hales Corners' ash trees