Franklin police are investigating the theft of more than $10,000 worth of power equipment stolen from 12 tree maintenance trucks Labor Day weekend.
The trucks, owned by Asplundh Tree Export Co., were parked at Andy's, 5120 W. Ryan Road, between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 1 and 10 a.m. Sept. 3. Someone pried open the locked tool compartments on all 12 vehicles.
Sixteen chainsaws, two hydraulic stick saws and $900 worth of climbing equipment were taken.
The trucks sustained more than $10,000 in damage.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the Franklin Police Department at (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved