Franklin police are investigating the theft of more than $10,000 worth of power equipment stolen from 12 tree maintenance trucks Labor Day weekend.
The trucks, owned by Asplundh Tree Export Co., were parked at Andy's, 5120 W. Ryan Road, between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 1 and 10 a.m. Sept. 3. Someone pried open the locked tool compartments on all 12 vehicles.
Sixteen chainsaws, two hydraulic stick saws and $900 worth of climbing equipment were taken.
The trucks sustained more than $10,000 in damage.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the Franklin Police Department at (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall School District's woodland could get natural boost
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election (1)
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Hales Corners taxes to increase slightly
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Ice rink a reality in Hales Corners
- Rodriguez wins District 21 election (1)
- Skowronski to face Hermes in District 82 battle
- Bearded dragons, other animals found living in squalor removed from Oak Creek home (1)