It's not yet Thanksgiving, but Hales Corners already has its eye on Christmas.
The village has announced dates and times for its two major Christmas events: the tree-lighting ceremony and the Christmas House.
The annual tree-lighting ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 4 in the lower parking lot outside the Hales Corners Public Library, 5885 S. 116th St.
The Whitnall Middle School Band will perform and Village President Robert Ruesch will throw the switch lighting the trees. Santa will then arrive by fire truck and the festivities will move inside to the Ben Hunt Room, with beverages, homemade cookies and holiday stories.
That event is sponsored by the village and the Friends of the Hales Corners Library. For information, call (414) 529-6150, Ext. 10.
This year's Hales Corners Christmas House will be hosted by the Dudek family at 6069 Seneca Trail.
Rob and Mary Dudek, parents of Olympic bronze medal-winning speedskater Alyson Dudek, will open their home for the seventh-annual event, in which businesses and community organizations deck the halls and living spaces of one resident's home.
The Olympic theme, predictably, will play a big role in the holiday displays. A Christmas tree will be decked out in gold, silver and bronze and Alyson's Olympic memorabilia and photos will be on display.
The home will be open from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 3, noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 4, and 2 to 5 p.m. Dec. 5.
The cost is $5 for adults, $3 for teens and $1 for children. Proceeds benefit Alyson's 2014 Winter Olympics training as well as the Friends of the Hales Corners Pool.
- HCFD raises around $5,000 to donate to Operation Finally Home
- Hales Corners police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- New Hales Corners administrator prefers 'personal touch'
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"