It's not yet Thanksgiving, but Hales Corners already has its eye on Christmas.
The village has announced dates and times for its two major Christmas events: the tree-lighting ceremony and the Christmas House.
The annual tree-lighting ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 4 in the lower parking lot outside the Hales Corners Public Library, 5885 S. 116th St.
The Whitnall Middle School Band will perform and Village President Robert Ruesch will throw the switch lighting the trees. Santa will then arrive by fire truck and the festivities will move inside to the Ben Hunt Room, with beverages, homemade cookies and holiday stories.
That event is sponsored by the village and the Friends of the Hales Corners Library. For information, call (414) 529-6150, Ext. 10.
This year's Hales Corners Christmas House will be hosted by the Dudek family at 6069 Seneca Trail.
Rob and Mary Dudek, parents of Olympic bronze medal-winning speedskater Alyson Dudek, will open their home for the seventh-annual event, in which businesses and community organizations deck the halls and living spaces of one resident's home.
The Olympic theme, predictably, will play a big role in the holiday displays. A Christmas tree will be decked out in gold, silver and bronze and Alyson's Olympic memorabilia and photos will be on display.
The home will be open from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 3, noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 4, and 2 to 5 p.m. Dec. 5.
The cost is $5 for adults, $3 for teens and $1 for children. Proceeds benefit Alyson's 2014 Winter Olympics training as well as the Friends of the Hales Corners Pool.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- New fixes, expanded collection slated for Hales Corners Public Library
- Pawn shop ordinance would help Hales Corners Police Department identify sale of stolen goods
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Select Hales Corners Library services on hold during carpet project
- Tailgate 'n skate with Santa in Hales Corners
- English language learners and special education students thrive in one mixed Whitnall classroom
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate