It's not yet Thanksgiving, but Hales Corners already has its eye on Christmas.
The village has announced dates and times for its two major Christmas events: the tree-lighting ceremony and the Christmas House.
The annual tree-lighting ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 4 in the lower parking lot outside the Hales Corners Public Library, 5885 S. 116th St.
The Whitnall Middle School Band will perform and Village President Robert Ruesch will throw the switch lighting the trees. Santa will then arrive by fire truck and the festivities will move inside to the Ben Hunt Room, with beverages, homemade cookies and holiday stories.
That event is sponsored by the village and the Friends of the Hales Corners Library. For information, call (414) 529-6150, Ext. 10.
This year's Hales Corners Christmas House will be hosted by the Dudek family at 6069 Seneca Trail.
Rob and Mary Dudek, parents of Olympic bronze medal-winning speedskater Alyson Dudek, will open their home for the seventh-annual event, in which businesses and community organizations deck the halls and living spaces of one resident's home.
The Olympic theme, predictably, will play a big role in the holiday displays. A Christmas tree will be decked out in gold, silver and bronze and Alyson's Olympic memorabilia and photos will be on display.
The home will be open from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 3, noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 4, and 2 to 5 p.m. Dec. 5.
The cost is $5 for adults, $3 for teens and $1 for children. Proceeds benefit Alyson's 2014 Winter Olympics training as well as the Friends of the Hales Corners Pool.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners will observe trick or treat times on Oct. 31
- Aligned Modern Wellness's One Year Anniversary on Oct. 2
- Modern Woodmen to host happy hour fundraiser on Oct. 1
- Sandra's on the Park puts a modern twist on supper clubs (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce Social on Sept. 29
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners enjoys the buzz about being a Bee City
- Bonsai Society branches out to the public in Hales Corners and beyond
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 17, 2015 issue