• Nick Miller of Hales Corners was part of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire forensics team that placed second overall in the Mid-America Forensics League competitions Jan. 31 and Feb. 1 and third overall in the Red Hawk Invitational on Feb. 15. In the individual competition Jan. 31, Miller placed second in informative speaking and fifth in duo interpretation. In the individual competition Feb. 1, Miller placed second in duo interpretation and fifth in informative speaking, qualifying for the American Forensic Association tournament. In the individual competition Feb. 15, Miller placed first in communication analysis, qualifying for that event in the National Forensic Association tournament.
• Jessica Koehlert, Michael Wesley, Julie Jablonowski and Jana Zeige, all of Franklin, Cassandra Byerly, Nicholas Schwei and Stephen Steffes, all of Greendale, and Daniel Schill and Joshua Martinez of Oak Creek all received academic honors for fall 2008 at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
• Ryan Jay of Hales Corners was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Upper Iowa University.
• Monica Bayer of Franklin and Erin Baltz and Callie Givens of Greendale were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Winona State University.
• Ellen Prodoehl of Greendale was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Viterbo University.
• Timothy Kahle of Franklin, John Baumgardner of Greendale and Sarah Schachtlie of Hales Corners were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the University of St. Thomas.
• Amy Strasburg of Hales Corners received an annual $1,000 scholarship for the UW-Madison Business Scholars Program.
• Laura Barczak of Franklin was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Hillsdale College.
• Ryan Pophal of Franklin received the Franklin High School Community Scholarship through the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Foundation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: June 5, 2014
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 8
- Celebrations: March 17
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 16
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 26
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 17
- Celebrations: Sept. 24
- Celebrations: Sept. 17