Howell Avenue road work
Oak Creek — A public meeting will discuss the resurfacing of Howell Avenue from Oakwood Road to Grange Avenue on Thursday, May 15.
Project plans, location maps and other exhibits will be available at the meeting to illustrate the work, which is scheduled from late May until fall.
When completed, Howell Avenue will have updated traffic signals, new concrete sidewalks, additional right turn lanes, modified medians and extended left turn lanes.
The meeting will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Council Chambers in Oak Creek City Hall, 8640 S. Howell Ave.
Relay for Life
Oak Creek — Relay for Life, an overnight fundraiser supporting the American Cancer Society, returns to Oak Creek May 30 at Knights Community Stadium, 340 E. Puetz Road.
The event is from 6 p.m. May 30 until 6 a.m. May 31.
Teams can range from eight to 15 people. A team must have raised $250 to stay the whole night.
Walk-ins are encouraged to attend. Registration is not required.
Students and community members raised $50,000 last year. This year's goal is $75,000.
To register, visit Relayforlife.org/oakcreekhswi.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 22, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 12, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: May 15 issue
- News & Notes: May 8 issue
- News & Notes: April 29
- News & Notes: April 24
- News & Notes: April 17
- News & Notes: April 10
- News & Notes: April 3
- News & Notes: March 20