'Feast Among the Flowers' at Wehr Nature Center
"Feast Among the Flowers," a fundraising dinner hosted by The Friends of Wehr, will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, May 3, at Wehr Nature Center in Whitnall Park, 9701 W. College Ave.
The fundraiser includes a choice of wine or beer tasting and a gourmet sit-down dinner featuring beef and mushroom stroganoff (or a vegetarian option. A stroll to view wildflowers and a silent auction will complement the event.
Space for the dinner is limited. Pre-registration is required by today, May 1. The fee per person is $30. Proceeds will go toward Wehr's Accessibility Capital Project, which has a goal to make Wehr the most accessible nature space in Southeastern Wisconsin.
For more information or to register, call Wehr at (414) 425-8550 or visit www.friendsofwehr.org.
booster holds fundraiser
The Greendale Panthers Home Run Club will host its second annual Baseball On-Deck Benefit event on Saturday, May 3.
The fundraising event will be held from 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. at Carl's Catering, located at 5110 W. Loomis Road. The event will include live music, food, games, a raffle and a silent auction.
GPHRC is an organization dedicated to promoting Greendale High School's baseball program. All proceeds from the fundraiser will support the school's baseball team and its projects, including light installation for the baseball field currently under construction.
Raffle ticket order forms and donation forms can be downloaded from the GPHRC website, www.PanthersHomeRunClub.org.
FHS students offer
Franklin High School Child Development II students will offer a preschool for children between 31/2 and 5 years of age from 9:30 to 11 a.m. May 5 to 9 at the school, 8222 S. 51 St.
The preschool will include free play, large and small group activities, and a snack as well as story time.
The cost is $40.
For information or to register, call (414) 817-3628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rep. Ryan holding
local office hours
Rep. Paul Ryan announced that the 1st District mobile office resumes its regularly scheduled visits to communities across southern Wisconsin from May to August.
At each stop, a staff member of Ryan's office will be available to meet with residents to discuss concerns or questions they may have about federal agencies or other issues.
The schedule is as follows:
· Franklin: 1 to 2 p.m. at the Franklin Police Department, 9455 W. Loomis Road, on May 6, May 22, June 3, June 19, July 1 and July 17.
· Greendale: 9 to 10 a.m. at the Greendale Safety Center, 5911 W. Grange Ave., on May 6, May 22, June 3, June 19, July 1 and July 17.
· Hales Corners: 11 to noon at the Hales Corners Village Hall, 5635 S. New Berlin Road, on May 6, May 22, June 3, June 19, July 1 and July 17.
· Oak Creek: 3 to 4 p.m. at the Oak Creek Police Department, 301 W. Ryan Road, on May 6, May 22, June 3, June 19, July 1 and July 17.
mothers with event
In celebration of Mother's Day, Simon Property Group and Southridge Mall will host a free Indulge event from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 8.
The event provides mothers with an opportunity to treat themselves to a night out with a fashion, food and live entertainment at the mall, 5300 S. 76th St.
The "fashion-forward style" segments are courtesy of LOFT, Chico's, Francesca's Collections, Pink, ALDO and Old Navy. Beauty services feature Boston Store and Macy's. Buca di Beppo, Jake's Deli and Diet Coke will offer food and drink sampling.
For information, call (414) 421-5600 or go online www.simon.com/mall/southridge-mall.
Polish Center holds Mother's Day Brunch
The Polish Center of Wisconsin, 6941 S. 68th St., Franklin, will host its special Mother's Day Brunch on Sunday, May 11.
The buffet style brunch costs $26.95 per adult and $11 for children ages 6 to 12. Children ages 5 and younger eat free. The all-you-can-eat menu includes chef-carved beef tenderloin and pork loin, spiral ham, made-to-order omelets, Polish sausage, potatoes, pierogi, chicken supreme, beef burgundy, a glass of champagne and more. The cash bar will also be open.
Seatings for the brunch are at 10 a.m., noon, and 2 p.m. Reservations are required. Call the Polish Center at (414) 529-2140.
All proceeds benefit the Polish Center of Wisconsin and its mission to promote Polish heritage and culture throughout the community.
Airport noise committee
The Milwaukee County Airport Noise Advisory Committee will sponsor an open house public information workshop from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, May 11, at the Ramada Inn, 64-1 S. 13th St., Oak Creek.
The workshop will focus on the proposed Noise Compatibility Plan for General Mitchell International Airport. Airport staff and consultants will be on hand to explain the program answer questions.
It is one of three workshops planned, though the May 11 meeting is targeted toward Oak Creek and South Milwaukee residents specifically. The others are May 12 at the St. Franicis Community Center, 3476 E. Howard Ave., St. Francis, and May 13 at the Grand Milwaukee Hotel, 4747 S. Howell Ave., Milwaukee, each from 4 to 8 p.m.
Residents can stop in any time during those hours.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Nov. 12, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Nov. 5, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 22, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 15, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Sept. 17, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Sept. 10, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Aug. 6, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 30, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 16, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 12, 2014 issue
- Things to Do: June 5, 2014 issue