·Jacob Mahnke of Franklin earned his bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in December.
·Virginia Baughman of Hales Corners and Michelle Erkander of Oak Creek earned bachelor's degrees, in accounting/business management manga cum laude and in education magna cum laude, respectively, from Lakeland College in Sheboygan in May.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees from Carthage College in Kenosha in May: from Franklin, Cameron Clark, political science cum laude, Alex Stoll, business administration, and Douglas Vodnik, physics summa cum laude; and from Oak Creek, Emily Nickel, studio art summa cum laude.
· The following students made the spring semester dean's list at Carthage College in Kenosha: from Franklin, Courtney Atkinson, Nicholas Brusky, Justin Harrison, Jeremiah Mertz and Amy Schultz; from Greendale, Angela Fuller; and from Oak Creek, Matthew Abler and Joshua Heicher.
· Lora Brunn of Franklin made the spring semester dean's list at Marian University in Fond du Lac.
· Brett Guendel of Greendale won first place at the national collegiate-level DECA competition in April in Anaheim, Calif. Guendel competed in the business-to-business marketing category with partner Jodi Straka. Their win comes after placing third in the state competition in Madison. Last year, the duo took first in the state competition and placed in the top 10 nationally. Both students attend the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, where they are student ambassadors.
·David John Wanninger was commissioned as an ensign in the U.S. Navy on May 24 and has reported to Pensacola Naval Air Station for training as a navy pilot. A 2013 graduate of Macalester College in St. Paul, Wanninger participated in Navy Reserve Officers Training Corps at the University of Minnesota during college. He is the son of John and Susan Wanninger of Oak Creek.
Send your announcements to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha 53186; or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: June 5, 2014
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 8
- Celebrations: March 17
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 16
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 26
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 17
- Celebrations: Sept. 24
- Celebrations: Sept. 17