Here's a little diversion from the pre-election frenzy. I've listed 10 questions that most people initially think are too easy for a fifth grader. . .but then we find ourselves thinking, "Hey! What IS the answer?" (The correct answers follow.)
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty 's torch?
3. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?
4. On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white?
5. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
6. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?
7. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
8. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
9. On which playing card is the card maker's trademark? (Joker doesn't count.)
10. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
(1) BOTTOM; (2) RIGHT HAND; (3) 1 AND 0; (4) RED; (5) 87.5; (6) LEFT; (7) 6; (8) BASHFUL; (9) ACE OF SPADES; (10) 3