Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
1) Ryan Braun swings and connects on a three-run homer Friday night to beat the Florida Marlins, 4-1 and capture the NL Central Division crown, the first such title for the Brewers in 29 years. Photos: Tom Lynn,
2) Ryan Braun holds a championship belt as the team and their fans celebrate at
3) A campaign staffer helps a glass repairman clean up broken glass in the early hours of Friday, Sept. 23, after President Barack Obama's West Los Angeles campaign office was vandalized. Photo: Kevork Djansezian / Getty Images
4) The crime scene where two trucks were found with 35 bodies along an avenue in Boca del Rio,
5) Emergency responders work at the scene where a building collapsed onto a street and bus on the corner of
6) The fountains at the
7) Japanese athletes swim the final stretch into the Suao harbor, northeastern
8) Ana Julia Torres kisses Jupiter, a lion who was rescued from a circus 12 years ago, on September 17, 2011, at Villa Lorena shelter, in Cali, Valle del Cauca department, Colombia. Torres, a 52 year-old teacher, founded the Villa Lorena animal shelter 17 years ago, which protects about 600 animals seized from drug traffickers, circuses, animal traffickers or abandoned by their owners. (AFP/Getty Images/Luis Robayo)
9) Mish Whalen writes on photoblog.msnbc.msn.com: “A poor little featherless penguin born Aug. 17, 2011, was abandoned by its parents just days after its birth. An aquarium keeper said: ‘Its parents kicked it out from time to time, or even left it on the icy ground to let it die,’ according to Rex Features. Keepers at the aquarium decided that the sad baby penguin's lack of feathers and weak condition were due to difficulties digesting food and absorbing nutrition. Spokeswoman Wang Dan said: ‘In the beginning we tried to send it back to its parents, hoping they would still take care of it and help it grow stronger, but they neglected it and even kicked it out. We then decided to feed it by ourselves’. The keepers at LHT Pole Aquarium in
10) The next Friday night fish fry sensation? Chef Tim Creehan, right, and chef Philippe Parola prepare Asian carp at Christ the
11) Wisconsin defensive back Marcus Cromartie (14) breaks up a pass intended for South Dakota wide receiver Dustin Nowothy during the first half of an NCAA college football game Saturday, Sept. 24, 2011, in Madison, Wis. The Badgers won handily, 59-10. (AP Photo/Andy Manis)
12) Carolina Panthers fans watch the team play against the Green Bay Packers on September 18, 2011 at Bank of America Stadium in
13) Carolina Panthers' Brandon LaFell (11) falls back after catching a touchdown pass against Green Bay Packers' Jarrett Bush (24) during the first quarter on September 18, 2011 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC.
14) Green Bay Packers' Charles Woodson (21) intercepts a pass intended for Carolina Panthers' Steve Smith (89), as Nick Collins (36) closes in, during the second quarter on September 18, 2011 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC. Green Bay won, 30-23.Photo: David T. Foster III- Charlotte Observer
15) Carolina Panthers' Steve Smith (89) watches the ball bounce away after being stripped of it while being hit by Green Bay Packers' Morgan Burnett (42) and Nick Collins (36) during the third quarter on September 18, 2011 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC.
16) Green Bay Packers' Jordy Nelson (87) streaks down the sideline in front of the team's bench on his way to the endzone against the Carolina Panthers late in the fourth quarter on September 18, 2011 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC.
17) BAM! Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb, left, is sacked by Washington Redskins outside linebacker Brian Orakpo in the first half of in
18) Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (6) listens to quarterback coach Shane Day during a time out in the first half of an NFL football game against the New Orleans Saints at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans, Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011. (AP Photo/Bill Feig)
19) Combo picture dated on September 20, 2011 shows fans wearing glasses during various rugby matches at the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Photo: Stf / AFP - Getty Images
20) A general view of the La Monumental bullring on September 22 in
21) Dolores Hope leans over to talk with her husband, entertainer Bob Hope, as they ride in a car as Grand Marshals for a parade in his honor in Toluca Lake in this May 30, 1998 file photo. Dolores Hope died on September 19 at age 102. Photo: Fred Prouser / Reuters
22) A German Motorway Police handout photograph dated September 20 shows a vehicle which was stopped by police on the motorway near
23) Mexican cooks make a 50-metre-long "Taco" (Mexican typical food) at Garibaldi square in Mexico City, on Sept. 22 in the framework of the 2nd Taco Festival, in an attempt to break a record of the most long "Taco" of the world. Ronaldo Schemidt / AFP - Getty Images
It's not the photo of the year, but for a lot of you, it just might be.
A koala takes an afternoon nap in a tree at the San Diego Zoo,
The wording above simply doesn't do the picture justice.