Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
Very soon, our area will look like this......
Of course, the reason for the upcoming onslaught of snow...
The latest on the weather...
The city of Franklin has declared a snow emergency in effect from 5:00 pm Tuesday until 7:00 pm Thursday:
City Municipal Code 245-5.I. - Snow Emergencies; Parking During, states the following:
- A snow emergency is declared to exist when snow is falling at a minimum rate of 1 inch per hour or has accumulated to a depth of 4 inches or more.
- If a snow emergency arises between September 15 to April 15 of each year, the Mayor, or in his or her absence the Council President, shall declare a state of emergency to exist, and the duration thereof, and issue a public proclamation to that effect by radio, placards, or other means of communication.
- After such declaration of snow emergency has been declared, no person shall park any vehicle upon any street between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- The Chief of Police or any police officer within the Police Department may remove any vehicle from the street which interferes with snow removal equipment during any period of a snow emergency. Cost of removal shall be paid by the owner of a vehicle parked in violation of this section.
- No person shall operate, stop, allow to stand, park, follow, or in any other way locate any motor vehicle at a distance of less than 30 feet immediately from and to the rear of any City snow removal or snowplow vehicle.
Trash and recycling will NOT happen on Wednesday. All collections this week will be delayed by one day…Wednesday’s regular pick-up will be done on Thursday; Thursday on Friday and Friday on Saturday.
UPDATE: Whatcha gonna blame? Let's ask Al Gore.